30 Things to Do at Pronghorn Resort
Adventure abounds at Pronghorn Resort. There is so much to do! This is a list of our 30 favorite things to do during your Pronghorn vacation in Bend, Oregon.
1. Play a round of golf.
- This goes without saying, but we thought we’d remind you anyway. Top 100 golf so pure, you’ll never look at another course the same way again.
2. Take a golf lesson.
- The Pronghorn Academy is open year-round for club fittings and golf lessons. Pronghorn Academy is serviced by Jeff Ritter’s renowned MAKE THE TURN Performance coaching program, as well as the progressive club fitting company, True Spec Golf.
3. Hit the driving range.
- Grab a bucket of balls and work on your swing. This is a great place to bond with your kids and teach them how to hit a golf ball.
4. Head to the pool.
- Or should we say, pools? We have three pools. Head to The Trailhead for two family friendly pools, a cavernous water slide, and poolside drinks, snacks and meals. The year-round, heated pool at the Huntington Lodge is open to adults only. Enjoy the peaceful surroundings and incredible, “snap-worthy” sunsets.
5. Soak in the hot tub.
- There’s nothing better than a soak at the end of a fun day. Grab your robe and slippers and choose from the hot tub at The Trailhead or the adult-only Huntington Lodge hot tub.
6. Watch the sunset.
- No two Central Oregon sunsets are the same, so make a plan to enjoy each and every one during your stay! You won’t find a better perch than your west-facing terrace in the Huntington Lodge.
7.Wake up for the sunrise.
- Sunsets may get all the local accolades, but our sunrises can be just as phenomenal. There are several places on property where you can catch the glow of a new day. Just ask us about our favorite viewing spots!
8.Enjoy a massage, facial or body treatment.
- Leave it all behind as you enter this oasis in the desert. Our intimate, boutique Spa balances relaxation and rejuvenation. There’s no better place to practice a little self-care.
9. Get your nails done.
- Your vacation mani + pedi can wait until you arrive! Take a seat at our nail bar and sink into our luxurious pedicure chairs for decadent treatments and customized nail experiences.
10. Eat a great meal.
- Our restaurants, led by our award-winning Executive Chef, Kevin Linde, have something for everyone! From exquisite farm-to-table dining to poolside smoothies and sandwiches, enjoy your vacation to the fullest. Serving breakfast, lunch, small plates and dinner.
11. Take a fitness class.
- Pop into our Fitness Center for yoga, pilates barre, strength and cardio classes. You’ll also find state-of-the-art exercise equipment if you’d prefer to work out on your own time.
12. Go for a bike ride.
- Pronghorn Resort is a best bike hotel! Rent one of our bikes and take a leisurely cruise around the property. We have many different sizes and styles to fit any group and family.
13. Scooter around the resort.
- Our electric scooters, also known as gopher bikes, are all the rage! Hop on these easy-to-ride scooters for a fun-filled ride around the resort. We also have a special model made for the golf course.
14. Mountain bike through BLM.
- Pronghorn Resort is surrounded by BLM land that’s open for exploring. Rent a mountain bike or electric mountain bike and take to the trails!
15. Explore the underground lava tube.
- One of the most unique golf holes in the world was designed around an incredible lava tube here at Pronghorn. Take a tour of this unique cave area and be amazed by a truly unique experience!
16. Practice yoga.
- Our peaceful surroundings make Pronghorn Resort one of the most serene places to practice yoga. Whether you’re enjoying a group class or leading your own practice outdoors with views of the Cascade mountains, your inner yogi will thank you for this special time.
17. Take a photo walk.
- Photo walks are a popular activity at Pronghorn. There is always a beautiful scene to capture. Whether it’s a stunning sunset, a dark, starry sky, or a gorgeous fairway, there is no shortage of incredible scenes for your Instagram feed.
18. Play basketball.
- Shoot some hoops with family or friends! Get some exercise and have fun with a friendly competition.
19. Enjoy a tennis match.
- Your tennis game doesn’t have to take a break this vacation. Just hop over to our courts!
20. Watch the big game with drinks.
- Watch the biggest games and tournaments in The Trailhead! Let our bartenders serve up the beer and appetizers while you enjoy the game.
21. Attend a special event or activity.
- Activities abound at Pronghorn Resort. During the holidays and summer season, there’s no shortage of things to do. You’ll find kids activities and games, wellness events, tasting dinners, art experiences, and DIY crafts for both kids and adults.
22. Play a board game.
- Borrow a board game and build old-fashioned family memories! Our wide selection will satisfy all ages and competitive natures. Take the game to your room or enjoy one of our many common areas in the Huntington Lodge.
23. Snuggle up with a movie.
- When winter hits, there’s no better way to spend an evening than cuddled up in front of the fire with a good movie. Borrow one (or many!) from our movie library. In the summer, attend one of our outdoor movie screenings under the stars.
24. Fat bike, cross-country ski or snowshoe the trails.
- When the snow falls, play in it! Pop on your nordic skis or snowshoes and explore the resort. Build a snowman on your journey and end with a hot cocoa and s’mores.
25. Take the kids to the playground.
- When you need a break from the pool, our playground is always open! Hop on your bikes and pedal over for some play time.
26. Let Chef create an exquisite meal for you in your room.
- Invite our Chef to cook for you in your room! Many of our rooms include full gourmet kitchens. This is a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday, engagement, elopement or other special occasion!
27. Play lawn games.
- Grab one of our cornhole or ladder golf sets and enjoy some fun on the lawn! Enjoy a Bend beer while you play and enjoy those mountain views.
28. Do some shopping at The Horn.
- The Horn is our golf shop. You’ll find incredible golf gear and clothing, as well as all of your Pronghorn souvenirs. Think hats, blankets, wine glasses and cutting boards. We also have many common items you might need but forgot at home.
29. Enjoy free outdoor music in the summer.
- Our popular Music on the Patio series runs all summer long. Every other Wednesday evening, join us on the Cascada patio for live music, drinks and dinner.
30. Stargaze a crystal clear night sky.
- Pronghorn Resort’s location makes it perfect for stargazing. Away from the light pollution of town, you’ll enjoy the most incredible night skies in the area. Grab a blanket, find a grassy spot, lay down, look up, and be amazed by the universe.
No matter how you spend your days and nights at Pronghorn Resort, you will leave with memories of a vacation well spent!
*Activities subject to seasonal availability.