It’s so much fun to watch new Bend, Oregon residents discover the countless adventures that make up their new life in their new home. From limitless opportunities in the outdoors, to fun community events and downtown entertainment, it truly feels like you’ve landed in the best vacation of your life when you move to Bend, Oregon.
Brett Bird, Pronghorn Resort’s new Director of Resort Operations is having a ton of fun exploring his new home. A recent transplant from Carmel, California, Brett and his family are discovering just why it’s so great to live in Bend and we’ll be following along with them. Brett is a surfer at heart, so be on the lookout for him at the Bend Whitewater Park, as well as on his snowboard this winter at Mt. Bachelor.
So, what has Brett been up to since moving to Bend, Oregon? When he’s not playing golf?
Here are Brett’s 5 favorite first adventures in Bend:
- Play with the kids at Devils Lake. Devils Lake is a magical little lake just 30 miles southwest of Bend. Right off Century Drive you’ll find this gorgeous gem filled with some of the most beautiful water you’ve seen, thanks to the shallow lake bed. Take your stand-up paddleboard, kayak, or just your camp chair for catching frogs with the kids. It’s also a great place to fish with little ones. Need help planning your day at Devils Lake? Let our knowledgable concierge tailor your experience.
- Surfs Up at Bend Whitewater Park. The Bend Whitewater Park has brought the surf to Central Oregon. Both kayakers and surfers love hitting the waves in this 3-channel park just downstream from the Old Mill District. With a great walkway overlooking some of the most exciting surf in the park, spectators love it too.
- Date Night at 900 Wall. 900 Wall is a must when dining in Downtown Bend, Oregon. A great date night destination, the menu is full of incredible wines, fantastic cocktails and a focus on local ingredients. Don’t leave without trying a wine flight and the house-made beignets served with three delectable dipping sauces.
- Drink (and make) beer at Immersion Brewing. Immersion Brewing is Bend’s newest brewery, but with a twist! At Immersion Brewing you can, of course, drink great local microbrews, but you can also brew your own beer too (a great activity for groups). Located in the historic Box Factory near the Old Mill District, Immersion’s old world interior and open air patio seating make it a great spot for happy hour or dinner. Try the “Little Fawn” Saison or the “Bender,” Immersion’s Belgian-style Northwest IPA.
- Feast at The Lot. The Lot is an incredibly cool concept and one-of-a-kind destination in Bend, Oregon. Just off of Galveston Avenue near downtown, you’ll find a block full of tasty food carts. From burgers and fries to Thai and vegetarian, there’s something for everyone. In the center is a covered patio with tables, warming fire pits, and of course, more beer on tap. The Lot is very family friendly and the perfect place to hang out with friends. Check out trivia and open-mic nights.
Follow along with us on social media as we explore more of #BrettsBend! You’ll likely want to move to Bend, Oregon too!