It is normal to be nervous on your wedding day. There is so much to think about and the feelings of anticipation can sometimes be overwhelming. But you don’t have to let wedding day jitters affect your ability to enjoy this very special time. Relieve your wedding day jitters with some simple self-care and wellness practices at Pronghorn Resort.
At the award-winning destination wedding venue, Pronghorn Resort, our goal is to keep your wedding day stressors as minimal as possible. Our high desert oasis, peaceful surroundings, attentive staff and wellness amenities will help calm your nerves and ease your mind.
Before you say “I do,” settle into your most peaceful, happy self at Pronghorn Resort!
“The best way to relieve wedding day jitters is to keep in mind the love that surrounds you. Be sure to include all your favorite people, food, drinks and activities. A couple hours at the spa relaxing and taking time for pause is also a great way to be refreshed and to keep the jitters at bay.” -Lauren Jenson, Pronghorn Events Manager
here are 8 ways to relieve your wedding day jitters at pronghorn resort:
- Go to bed early the night before – This might seem like the easiest task on your wedding to-do list, but it can be challenging for brides and grooms to get a good night’s sleep before their wedding. There will be a rehearsal dinner, pre-wedding activities, friends and family arriving, and those wedding day jitters creeping in. Let your family and friends know you will be retiring to your room at a certain time, and stick to it. Try to limit overeating and over imbibing, and remember to rehydrate. Take an evening soak in the peaceful, adult-only hot tub. Then slip into your robe, order a mocktail or herbal tea, and watch the sunset from your private terrace in the Huntington Lodge.
- Plan for a quiet morning routine – A morning routine is important for your overall wellness and stress management. Don’t skip it on your wedding day. If you already have an established morning routine that works well for you, keep it. If you don’t have a morning routine, create space for a simple meditation, visualization exercise, or journaling before you start your day. Stop by The Spa for our Signature Scent aromatherapy oils and add a peaceful, fresh scent to your wedding morning routine. Your Huntington Lodge room is the perfect place to enjoy a little quiet time before the day’s activities begin.
- Enjoy a healthy breakfast with your closest friends – Many brides and grooms find that it’s difficult to eat before the big event because of nerves, or because of wedding day stressors like time. Make a commitment to eat a healthy breakfast. Starting with a nutritious meal will help your body feel its best, and in turn, your mind. If time is limited, have a bridesmaid or friend bring you a Power Green Smoothie from the Trailhead Grill. You can enjoy it while you’re getting your hair done. Win-win!
4. Grab your mat and practice some outdoor yoga.
Pronghorn Resort has many beautiful outdoor spaces that are perfect for your yoga practice. Grab a mat and a few friends for a simple, relaxing activity. Our brides and grooms are also welcome to schedule a yoga instructor or reserve the Pronghorn Tepee for a meditative experience.
Brides and grooms, try these calming yoga poses:
- Child’s pose
- Pigeon pose
- Crescent lunge
Focus on gratitude and replace any negative feelings with positive thoughts. This is the time to let your worries go. Whether you’re anxious about a family member, the decor details, or the life-changing event that’s about to happen, a little yoga overlooking the stunning Cascade Mountains will help calm your nerves.
5. Head to the Spa for a tension relieving massage – A massage is the perfect way to relax before the wedding festivities begin. This wellness activity is best for the day before your wedding, or the morning of, should time allow. We suggest a 50- 80 minute Holistic Aromatherapy Massage. Our pure essential oils will deliver profound therapeutic properties leaving you relaxed and calm. Pair this massage with your manicure and pedicure services for the ultimate spa day!
6. Pop open the bubbly, have fun and let it all go – After you’ve had some quiet time to destress and let all of your worries go, grab your best friends, pop open the champagne and toast to all that lies ahead! Know that your wedding day will be perfect even if things don’t go exactly as planned. Accepting the inevitable imperfections will have a profound effect on your stress levels. More importantly, this small shift in mindset will allow you to have the happiest, most beautiful day you could have imagined.
7. Smile! This one might seem like a no-brainer, it’s your wedding day after all! But we just want to remind you that smiling, whether you mean to or not, releases mood-enhancing endorphins. That overall feeling of happiness that comes from a simple smile reduces your heart rate, reduces the effect of pain and stress, and calms the body overall. Smiling is truly the best medicine for wedding day jitters!
8. one final word of advice? ask for and accept all the help you can! you don’t have to do it all.
“Hire a planner who will handle EVERYTHING for you and you will then be able to sit back and enjoy the experience of your once in a lifetime day. I didn’t have a planner when I got married and it is my one regret now that I work in weddings. They are worth every single penny you pay them.” -Summer Robbins, Summer Robbins Flowers
We hope these suggestions will help calm your nerves and relieve your wedding day jitters. The peaceful, serene oasis of Pronghorn Resort is the perfect wedding venue for couples looking for a calm mind.